Monday, March 16, 2009
X-Ray
My Ben has been sick with a terrible cold for about 4 weeks. At one point he was diagnosed with a sinus infection and was prescribed amoxacillian about 7 days into a 10 day corse he was still getting fevers so I took him off to the Dr.s again where they swabbed for RSV which came back negative and ordered a stronger dose of antibiotic then sent us to get a chest x-ray to check for numonia which also came back negative and the stronger antibiotics seem to be working but tomarrow is the follow up. Any way the x-ray is really what Im getting to, have any of your children had this done? They strapped him in what looked like a baby torture chair made of wood plastic and leather, it was crazy...they put these clear half tubes around him with his arms up and made it so tight he couldnt move (yes I realize this is necessary to get a clear picture). Anyway it was a jarring experience and Im glad it was over in about a minute and Im grateful I have healthy children and pray we all continue to be so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hey Sheri, I actually am the one that takes those x-rays. how old is Ben now? Where did you take him? All technologists do it differently. I myself hate the picc-o-stat (that is what that is called). The only reason kids hate it is because it keeps them from moving. But there is a HUGE advantage to using it and having them cry (as much as us moms hate them crying). It opens their lungs up. Yep, wierd, i know. But when they are crying so much and their arms are above their heads it shoves the diaphragm down and the docs can see the heart shadow and costophrenic angles (where pneumonia hides) that much better.
Now, for the real reason behind the comment.
I honestly think Ben is allergic to the mold spores. This is REALLY common right now. There does not have to be a lot in the house to affect them. But they will have sinus infections and nothing will get rid of it until the mold is gone and the humidity is out of the air. That said, most docs dont think of it, because the mold doesn't usually come into effect until AFTER the child grabs an infection. Then the infection causes the "weakening" of the immune system and there you have it. Susceptibility to the mold spores. What is nice is the mold goes away once the warm spring air comes out and those windows start opening.
Hopefully that is all it is. Let me know how the followup goes.
Wyatt had pneumonia last summer and I took his x-rays. They were neat and got him the diagnosis. They gave him a breathing treatment and he was all better in two days. I pray whatever is wrong, gets fixed fast.
Thinking of you guys! Good luck!
mold spores??? Oh my- that isn't something you want to hear.
oh my gosh I bet you were freaking out with the x-rays. I freak out even when my girls get their shots-
Sheri, I love you. Thank you for being a true friend. Thanks for hanging out at the house when Mom died- it was nice to have you close.
They did that to Jos when she was two weeks old. How are you? I just got on your blog for the first time, cute. How is Ben, what did they decide it was. E-mail me sometime, or call :) Love, Jessica
Sheri,
So sorry to hear about your little Ben... Your family is so beautiful, I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! I'm going to have to start checking your blog more often! Love you,
Jill Tuttle
Post a Comment